Thursday, October 9, 2008

The jingle bear

The other day Emily and I had a bad experience revolving around her jingle bear. Emily broke two rules first thing in the morning: pulling her jingle bear out of the crib and going into the bathroom. Not only did she break two rules, she broke them simultaneously. And then dropped the jingle bear on the plunger. So I had to take him to a neighbor's house to be washed since I had done all our laundry the day before (and laundry is a hassle when you live on the second floor and have to take it all to a laundromat). Then Emily and I ran errands and came back home for her nap. She wouldn't sleep! I had to wait until 4:30, when I finally got the bear back to put Emily down. The neighbor had actually finished around 12:30 but we weren't home when she tried to bring it back.
One of our errands was looking for another jingle bear to sub in for a while, but they stopped making them with bells in the head! So I went on Ebay and found out that people were exploiting desperate parents by charging $25 for them. I found one seller who was charging $10 and bought two.
That is our daughter cuddling with her old friend, the jingle bear. That bear lying forgotten on the floor? That's the brand new still ultra-soft replacement jingle bear.
Oh, well. Hopefully it'll work in a pinch.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

I want one.
I don't know if I mean baby or blanket... but I definitely want one.

Suzie said...

Once they get attached it's hard to reattach them to something else. Both of my kids have primary, secondary and tertiary blankets. I made sure that they were all available from day one and let them pick the hierarchy. When one is in the wash or left at Grandma's house, the other two will usually suffice. Kids are so great!!!