Thursday, October 9, 2008

The overdue quilt

One day a long time ago, before Emily was born, I decided to make a quilt for my baby. I was very close to finishing it when I had the baby and then moved three weeks later and then never unpacked the quilt when we arrived in Austin.
Being newly unemployed and having babies on the brain again, I decided to finish. It took a while, since the top is hand-quilted, and it's definitely not perfect, but Emily likes it.
Time to start work on baby boy's quilt!

3 comments:

Mikel said...

Ummm. Two words. Amazing. Jealous.

Nathan said...

I'm impressed. Good job!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous! I love it--it's so Dutch looking with the windmill pattern. Congratulations on completing it and hand quilting it too. I will not expect the baby boy quilt until you're half way through your pregnancy with baby number three! lol