She really liked it. It ended up really messy, but I prefer to remember it as shown in these pictures.
After uploading those two pictures I found all these other great pictures and couldn't help but add a few. So reader beware: the rest of this post will be disorganized and completely disconnected.
One day, a couple of weeks ago I fell asleep on the floor. I've been sounding so lazy in these last couple of posts, and I am going to fall back on the old pregnant excuse. I was tired because I am making a little baby boy right now inside me. Anyway, when I woke up, I found Emily on the table, having demolished an entire nectarine. She was pretty proud of herself and I was pretty sad. Off to the bath!
Emily has recently taken a greater interest in shoes. She loves wearing shoes, especially other people's. Above she's posing in some lovely leather sandals and below she is wearing some very nice Asics running shoes.
As most of you probably know, last weekend was General Conference. A family in student housing was thoughtful enough to organize a potluck lunch between sessions on Saturday and we had a great turnout. The LDS population in student housing is surprisingly large. Emily had lots of friends her age to play with, though she seemed to prefer tagging along with the older kids. She tried to join in a frisbee game, but she may have been out of her league there. The adults would throw her the frisbee and she'd run to pick it up off the ground and then bring it back to whoever threw it. What a good little teammate!
I don't think she ever just sat in the shade - she even had her food on the go. I guess that explains why she is so much darker than either of her parents. In the picture above I'd finally coaxed her to take a two minute break before she was up and off again.Speaking of eating on the go, sometimes Emily gets too impatient to wait for dinner so I give her something special instead. Below is a typical Emily dinner on the floor (because she's Japanese) with some of her favorite dishes: pretzel goldfish with cheese sticks and grapes. Good thing her mom is such a good cook and can handle that kind of thing!
And I don't know if this is the best picture to end on (she's not looking her best), but here is Emily showing off a set of double Swedish Chefs and her double chin! What a flattering picture of our darling baby.
2 comments:
That last shot is far too funny. I'm not sure how she managed to pull that face.
me either, but i love it. and the second one with the nectarine, and the one with the running shoes. their pretty much all adorable. she's sooo cute.
Post a Comment