Sunday, December 20, 2009

Update

Honestly, nothing much has been going on, but here are some of our day-to-day adventures!
First of all, we have this stroller. Emily got it for Christmas last year, I repaired it a couple of months ago, and it is still a favorite toy around here. Caleb is able to walk around pushing it when Emily allows him to (she's very protective). So here are some shots with the ever popular stroller.
Here's Caleb, so proud of himself for walking across the room. What a cutie!

And here he's giving the sister a quick ride. She is always nervous when he does this because it usually ends with some hair pulling.

These two are becoming such good little friends/partners in crime. Here is one of the peaceful moments. Emily loves to "hold" the baby and take care of (police) him.
She really does have quite the maternal side to her. Notice the doll in that picture above and the dolls in the picture below. This really is not an uncommon sight. She looks pretty fearsome here, doesn't she. She did just wake up from a nap. And she is very protective of those dollies.
And here she's ensuring her doll gets proper nourishment.
I'm not quite sure about this picture. These are her favorite sunglasses. She's wearing Caleb's new coat and holding a marshmallow snowman that she loved. She loved him a little too hard, actually. The other day she walked up to me and said, "Mom, where's the snowman?" And I thought for a minute and said, "I don't know, Emily! Should we look for him?" And she responded, "The snowman's in the trash. He's yucky." No yucky toys for my little one!

I finally started Caleb's quilt last week. Emily came up and asked what I was doing, so I told her I was making a blanket. She looked at the two-inch squares I was cutting and said, "Oh. Little blanket." Then she went and got her "guy" to cover with the little blankets.
She's very helpful with the rotary cutter (don't worry - I had it locked in the closed position).

And, here's a shot of our Christmas wall. We have a protective border around our tree to prevent Caleb from pulling it over. It's been a pretty effective barricade - I've only had to redecorate it once since we put it up!

Caleb has learned so much in the last couple of weeks. Today he spontaneously started playing peekaboo with me. We've played it with him before, but this was the first time he initiated it and was in control of the hiding. He's a smart little cookie.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

what a smart boy. and a goofy girl. i love them both.