Saturday, August 1, 2009

Jogging and Couponing

Being a parent of two young children can be a stressful thing, so Joseph and I have come up with ways to help us stay sane. My major stress-reliever is jogging most mornings. Even though it makes me tired, it makes me happy and I am able to deal better with Emily's increasing grumpiness. She's at a difficult age right now.
I realized today that Joseph's spirit-lifting activity is grocery shopping with coupons. That's right folks! We have a couponer in the family and it's not me! As much as I have tried to get into it I can't but Joseph can and he's good at it and he loves it! He comes back just beaming and bursting to tell me about the good deals he managed to get. I've seriously thought about saving his receipts and making a scrapbook for him. I think looking through that scrapbook might give him a similar high when he's not able to do the shopping.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Those are my two favorite things (besides kids) too!

Stephanie said...

That has to be one of the sweetest pictures of Caleb that I have seen!

Kelly said...

That's funny...I can see Joseph being all proud of his big values. That's great.

I'm impressed that you go jogging nearly every morning! I am not quite to the point where I love it, but have gotten better about not dreading it and thinking it's the worse thing ever.

Suzie said...

That Caleb is such a cute little jelly bean. I just want to scoop him up and snuggle him! Argh!

Editt said...

ha ha ha! I'm going to have to get Danny started on couponing. I can't get into it. I see the value but I'm just not ready for that level of dedication :D
Keep up the jogging!

rebecca said...

i want joseph to teach me how to coupon! i should show joseph how i decimated the cost of my textbooks. it was pretty amazing.

Unknown said...

Yeah jogging totally helps keep the stress levels down, I am glad you are still able to make it out and run!

the Bartlett fam said...

Eric is the same way! When the Harvest Fresh in Orem closed, he was too upset to talk about it for a few weeks. He used to do his shopping there and then go to other stores just to compare. He loved the savings!