Sunday, August 23, 2009

My excuse

Wow. It's been a while since I've posted. Why did I ever let it go so long?
Well, let's get down to business.
We had an eventful weekend. We went to the park and played in the pool.











Caleb and Emily played in the bathtub together. So cute!











Oh yeah. That might be why we haven't posted. Our poor camera has slowly been dying and it finally quit working altogether. You may have noticed that I rely rather heavily on pictures to tell my stories and they are no longer available to me. We'll have to use cell phone pictures for a while, I'm afraid.
Okay, so let's see. Caleb has been sick today and yesterday, but we still had to go to church because of callings and some other things that were going on. Needless to say, he was exhausted when we got home (we left this morning at 8:15 and got back around 1:15). I took off his pants to change him into a onesie and had to laugh at his knee-high socks. That button-down onesie is my favorite church thing ever. Regular baby shirts come untucked so easily. This onesie has been wonderful.
One of the events requiring us to be at church today was the Relief Society choir number in sacrament meeting. I was the Relief Society chorister for a while (I'm now the pianist) and they asked me to put this together a couple of months ago. It wasn't a big deal, but I was surprisingly stressed about it. We didn't have a lot of time to practice - it was just during the practice hymn time in Relief Society, about 5 minutes a week - and it felt really disorganized. I had a dream on Saturday night that I arrived too late to meet with the girls singing the duet and I forgot to hand out the papers with the instructions and when the time came only about five sisters went up to the stand to sing. It ended up working out really well though. We had the sisters from Primary and Young Women join us and I was very surprised by how nice it sounded. I'm pretty glad that it worked out well and that it's over now.

Emily and Caleb went to play at a friend's house the other day. This in and of itself is not a particularly blog-worthy story, but I loved this little baby conference they convened there! Aren't they so cute in all their seriousness?
It's fun having so many other kids live nearby, even if Emily is always outnumbered by the boys.

And my glasses have taken major beatings on a pretty regular basis since Emily was born. I am constantly having to bend them back into a shape that will stay on my face. I'm sure I will have to replace them soon. Time to add vision to our insurance!

Having two little kids is definitely a challenge. These guys keep me on my toes. But they also bring so much joy to our lives. I love seeing them play together. I love that they chatter back and forth in the car. And I love those golden moments (that unfortunately we can no longer capture on camera) when they figure out how to play happily alone or together without my intervention.

1 comment:

Adriane said...

LOL! I love the glasses picture! I feel your pain! Sorry about your camera. :( I can't wait until I can let Gregory play with Isaac like that! He tries...but it's a little scary :P