Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just an update

I've been trying to come up with an interesting new post for a while now, and... I got nothin'. But I decided to post anyway in part to keep my mother from worrying that something has happened to us.
We will start with what Little Miss Emily has been up to. Really, she is growing up too fast. She loves to be in charge of someone smaller than she is (sorry Caleb) and she loves to "help" us with whatever task she thinks we need done. Dressing up is a favorite activity. Doesn't she just look ready to walk out the door to preschool - or college - in this shot?
And here we have her in her favorite church outfit. Really, every time she dons this magnificent getup she walks to the door and says, "church?"
And maybe it would be churchworthy if it didn't make her look so, um, expectant.
Today we constructed a masterpiece using some butcher paper donated by a neighbor. Isn't the likeness uncanny? (You may have to enlarge this picture to appreciate the details.) And no, I did not threaten Emily with corporal punishment to get her to pose there, that's just how she looks when she has her picture taken. It's worse when I tell her to smile, trust me.
Emily has been working on taking pictures. Isn't she a natural?














And finally, she has chosen three new favorite toys.
One was sorta fragile.
Thank goodness for Krazy Glue and my mad gluing skills.

The rest of the family has been fine. Caleb is growing like crazy. He is eating more baby food than Emily ever did and has recently figured out how to sit up. He is getting better at entertaining himself and napping. The UT semester is about to start up again and Joseph is taking a couple of classes but mainly focusing on his research and dissertation.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I was able to sit and appreciate your art skills now. I really am impressed. You even got the flower in her hair.