You know you're married to a spendthrift (or you've become one yourself) when you see an advertisement that says"perfect day for smoothies" and you think, "why, yes it is! I think I'll go home and make one!"
You know you've married a keeper when he bakes this for dessert for no special reason. Delicious.
5 comments:
Way-to-go, guys. That sounds fancy with the video codecs... How did you do that?
It wasn't exactly programming. I installed mencoder (part of the mplayer package). It's capable of re-encoding from one format to another, but it has tons of options and parameters to set. I had to experiment for quite a while until I found some that work well. Since it's a pretty ugly command-line instruction, I made a batch file to handle it so that all you have to do is drag and drop the quicktime file onto the batch file and get an .avi file that we can then edit with Windows Movie Maker:
"c:\Program Files\MPlayer-rtm-svn-29851\mencoder.exe" %1 -o %1.avi -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts acodec=wmav1:vcodec=wmv1 -noskip -skiplimit 1 -mc 0
I see. I've never been very good at scripting, until lately. But with work assignments changing and all that, my new job has a whole lot of scripting. Another sharp learning curve, it seems.
My techno nerd guy just said, "We need FIREWIRE!" So we got one (not cheap) and were able to convert our tapes of video to a format that works nicely with Windows Media Player. Sooo much fun to edit video and add sounds, music etc.
As for the pie. Looks like that guy inherited the piemaking gene! http://bonkersycarax.blogspot.com/2009/10/weekword-and-put-lid-on-it.html
You two make a great pair. That pie looks so good. I have not baked a cherry pie lately, but think I will now.
Post a Comment