Emily: Mama, would you like some food?
Me: Sure, as long as it's yummy!
Emily: Okay. Let's see... a little bit of baby and a little bit of rock and a little bit of dragon and a little bit of Christmas tree and a little bit of carrot.
Me: Is that my food?
Emily: Yes. Let's mix it up...
***
Discussing career options in the bathtub -
Me: Emily, what do you think you'd like to be when you get older?
Emily: Um, I don't know.
Me: You could be a chef or a doctor or a teacher...
Emily: ... or a princess!
Me: Or a firefighter or a mommy...
Emily: ... or a princess!
Me: Uh, okay. Caleb, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Caleb: grunt
Me: How about a teacher or a police man...
Emily: ... or a duck...
Me: ... or an author or a scientist...
Emily: ... or Santa Claus!
Caleb: Yeah!!
Emily: You want to be Santa Claus?
Caleb: Yeah!!
Me: I guess it's settled then.
I'm glad my kids aim high. :)
5 comments:
Priorities. The kids know what's important.
Best career choice ever. I should have gone to school to be a princess. Or a duck!
Maybe but they obviously have not considered the options goose/cage-fighter. I see a bunch of those up at Novell, and that looks pretty awesome.
Haha! Aw, those cats are so cute! I think I did go to school to become a princess. It doesn't pay as well as I thought it would so far!
Priceless!!
Post a Comment