Monday, January 24, 2011

Being a Little Boy

I knew I couldn't expect Caleb do come out of his childhood unscathed. He is much too... spirited for that. This morning I left Caleb and Emily in the bath for a few minutes during which they invented a new game. This game involved jumping off the toilet into the bathtub. It was going fine until I stepped into the room. Then Caleb dove one last time (they knew the game would be over when I returned) and came up bleeding. He split the skin over his left eye and ended up with a gash about an inch long.
I scooped him up, called my friend Kim, and read "Where the Wild Things Are" to the kids until she arrived. Then we tied him up in his bath towel and Kim patched him up with steri-strips. It was a very neat job until Caleb fell straight away onto his head. Twice. Now it is somewhat bloody and gory-looking.
Kim said she would clean him up and change the bandages for me later today.

Emily wanted a picture to. Her nose is healing quickly.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh no! poor kid! I guess he just had to one-up his sister. Your poor little darlings:( Just be careful about taking those two into public like that. You never know what crazies will call CPS.