Update on the boy:Last night he went to bed at 6:30 pm, woke up and cried when we put Emily to bed at 7:30, but then slept all the way until 6:00 am! No night feedings! And, it gets better - I fed him in the morning and put him back in bed so I could go running (expecting Joseph to get him up), and he went back to sleep until 9:30! He might be sleeping so much because he is going through a growth spurt, but I am very encouraged by the 12 hour stretch between feedings.
This might be related, but he just started eating solids. Well, baby food solids. I was pretty determined to hold off until around 6 months, but he seemed so interested and eager whenever we ate that I gave it a try. He loved it. It was a totally different experience from when we tried it with Emily as a baby - she never took to pre-prepared baby foods. The first food she really ate was mashed potatoes. Caleb, on the other hand, loves rice cereal, bananas, and carrots. And that's all we've tried so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment