Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Diligent Student

Our young miss Emily is very serious about study and learning. She has a particular fondness for "Hop op Pop". She laughs at the antics of the pup in the cup. She cries for Pat, who nearly sits on a cactus. She commiserates with poor Bill, stuck at the top of that remarkable hill. She clucks disapprovingly at the foolish team playing ball on a wall. She has learned a lot of important life lessons.
She's been taking some online and correspondence courses to work on her degree from home. She generally takes courses on the Wiggles, Clifford the Big Red Dog, and Sesame Street. Although she has not gained full mastery of the alphabet and numerals, she has a healthy appreciation for them. She especially loves the number two. Whenever she finds two of anything, she announces it: "Two!" She also calls it out when I begin to count as a warning that she needs to be a little more obedient. That makes it hard to stay impatient with her.Mom and I are pretty secretive about what goes on in the bathroom. Emily finally got tired of waiting for us to give her "the talk" and found a suitable self-help book. It seems to have done its job. She successfully used the potty today. She wasn't sure if it was a good thing though. She kept on pointing and saying, "Uh oh!" We tried to cheer and congratulate her, but I think some of the more edgy details were omitted from her book and came as a surprise.
What a doll. She doesn't need any books to teach her about fashion.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Amanda, if you'd like some children's books. come by and get them. I have a storage tote full of them that I hope to find a home for this week.

Your blog makeover looks nice too.

LittleSucker said...

Howdy! Great work on your blog! Lindsay and I took about 2 years as well before we were brave enough to have our girls hair cut -- but even then, we had to pay someone to do it.
Can you email me so that I can "invite" you to our blog? Thanks!
-James