I love that she tried to squirm under the bridge for those two precious eggs!


After the hunt all the kids played on the playground together for a while while the moms chatted about diaper rash and breast feeding.
We have a great ward with lots of children Emily's age (though she still prefers parallel play to interactive play and rarely acknowledges the other kids).Sundays here in Austin are long, mostly because of travel time and choir practice. We went to church 20 minutes early to practice the choir song, so we left our apartment around 8:15. Sacrament meeting kept Joseph busy playing the organ and leading the choir, but all went well. I have been very impressed and, quite frankly, very surprised at the good attendance we've had in choir. Most families have one car and live about 30 minutes away from the church building, so the entire family will stay an extra forty-five minutes after church to attend choir practice. This is quite a sacrifice, especially for those families with young children.
After church we visited Jared and Suzie in San Antonio, which is about a 2 hour drive away. Emily and Caleb did very well on the long trip though and were rewarded when we arrived with a delicious meal and another fun Easter egg hunt. Joseph turned on the bubble machine we'd brought with us (we took it to church for the nursery to use) and the kids loved it. Ralphie was scared.


I love when Emily and Joseph work together because they are both so serious and earnest. Here they are hard at work peeling some boiled eggs to make deviled eggs out of.
And I know I said they're always so serious, but it kind of looks like Emily's goofing off in this picture, doesn't it? I really have no idea what she's doing.
And yes, we do have a second child. It's a boy and his name is Caleb but he's mostly a slug right now. He will be featured on the blog more often when he starts to do more.
Happy Easter, everyone!
2 comments:
That little girl is crazy-cute. And, I love that she is wearing red crocks, just like Dereks.
Really cute blog! Thanks for coming to the Easter Egg hunt! It was so much fun!
Post a Comment