Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nap Time















I have been wondering if it's bad that I look forward every day to 12:30. 12:30 is when Emily takes her nap and Caleb often does too. She usually sleeps for at least two and a half hours (today it has been three hours and twenty minutes and counting). I told Joseph the other day that naptime is my favorite time of the day and he said we should do something to change that. But I usually look forward to seeing them both when the time comes to wake up. I don't hate my kids, I just really like the break in the middle of the day. It's nice to have time to catch up on chores, sew, knit, read, study, write, get a head start on dinner, peruse the blogs, or take a nap myself.
So, what do you think? Is this an unhealthy view of nap time?

7 comments:

Chris said...

Definately not! Nap time is by far my best time of day- no matter how much I love him. I need him to not be cranky- and I need a break to catch up on things or to just sit!

Amy and Andy said...

I'm not a mother, but I'm pretty sure every mom in America feels this way. I don't doubt for a minute you don't love your kids. I think a little break makes every mom a better one!

Nathan said...

Heck - nap time is my favorite time of the day too!

...Ahhh... Who'm I kidding?!? I'm typing this up at 11:08 at night... *sigh*

Kristen said...

Heck No!

Aislin said...

You know how cranky kids are when they refuse to nap? They don't want to stop the very good things they are doing, but they are miserable. I feel the same way if they don't nap. It is a need for all of us to be replenished.

Joseph said...

In my defense, I heartily agree that it's very important for the kids to have naps. However, my favorite time of the day happens to be when I get home and Emily runs up to give me a hug. I've been away from the kids all day; so it's wonderful to see them and spend time with them. When I say that we should do something about nap time being the favorite time of the day, I mean that Mom should have more time to herself so that she's not so desperate for relief from the kids, not that she should be happy to always have children demanding her attention. My intention is more along the lines that Dad should pick up a bit more of the burden when he gets home; that way Mom's favorite time can be the same as mine: when I get home.

Unknown said...

Don't feel bad, you are a good mom, I enjoy the nap times as well, but as long as you like the kids when they are awake, you are probably doing pretty good. That is pretty cool we have the same high chair and car seat, we are so alike
p.s. I just found all my Osmond c.d.'s when I moved, if you want copies