Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Trying Day

Today I learned what being a mother of two is all about. I tried to give Joseph some time to grade 40 midterms for the class he's TAing, put together a 20 minute presentation, and finish a project that's due on Monday by taking both kids grocery shopping with me. I put Caleb's carseat up on the shopping cart toddler seat and put Emily in the cart and went shopping. Unfortunately the cart filled up with food and there was no space for Emily so I had to pull her out and she basically ran wild. One broken insect repellant can, two crushed pretzel bags, and at least three helpful HEB workers (working very hard to help me) later, I decided that I would never go grocery shopping alone again. At least, until Caleb is old enough to sit up and not take so much space.

We got home and I decided to rid Emily of her insect repellant coating by bathing her. She decided to brighten my day by pooping in the tub. She's never done that before! I was pretty surprised and not sure about how to go about cleaning that up...

The good things though:
Caleb was an angel baby all day long. He even decided to let us take a picture of him not looking weird. He is not very photogenic. He's a cute baby in real life though.
Emily worked hard to help Joseph with his grading and research.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Oh Emily...

Suzie said...

How to clean up poop in the tub: Scoop the poop out with a paper cup and flush it. Throw away the paper cup. Make the baby stand on a towel while you drain and clean the tub. Fill the tub back up and put the baby back in for the rest of his/her bath. Clean the towel. Tyler was a big fan of tub pooping.