Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Babycare evolution

Emily has been learning a lot about taking care of her doll since we brought Caleb home. I'm just waiting for her to try to breastfeed.

Careful application of diaper rash cream
Wrapped up snugly in a diaperMaking sure the doll has plenty to eat
Emily gets a little mad at me for spending so much time with Caleb, but she is surprisingly gentle with him. Here they are spending some quality time relaxing on the couch together. He looks pretty huge for being a week old, huh.
Grandma and Grandpa Bartlett sent Emily a new bib from Australia. She likes it, she really does.
This is what we call her "Thundercloud face." She has been doing it a lot lately but not because she's mad. I think it's because it makes me and Joseph laugh.

2 comments:

Aislin said...

I found I didn't mind if the older sibling was grouchy with *me*, so long as they were not directing negative feelings (and behaviors) at the baby. Not something I expected to be grateful for, pre-parenthood.

Rachel Rowell said...

Sharon walked in on alex "nursing" her doll the other day. It was so cute. Emily sure is good at making "faces"!