Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Just plain mean.

One of the downsides to living in student housing is that there are so many wasps here. The maintenance guys put a lot of work in keeping them at bay, but there are still tons.
Today Caleb, Emily, and I were sitting at the table eating lunch when, out of the blue, Emily just started to cry. I turned to look at her and saw a wasp fly from her neck to the window. I was pretty mad at that wasp but I decided to tend to my daughter first. I put some ice on and then a baking soda paste to soothe the stings - there were at least two, but I haven't examined it closely yet. Then I tossed Caleb into his crib for a forced nap because I couldn't handle two crying babies and settled Emily down on the couch with a Barbie movie and some cozy blankets. After that I hunted down that wasp and smashed it to smithereens with the fly swatter. Emily's neck is a bit swollen, but she's stopped crying now and seems okay. I think she's mostly excited that she was allowed to watch TWO movies today instead of her usual one.
Wasps make me mad. I can't believe Emily was stung while she was sitting in her high chair minding her own business. That is just plain mean.

2 comments:

katharine said...

i have wasp spray if you need it!

Joseph said...

She seems to be fine now. She was too distressed to take her usual nap after lunch time. Instead she put herself to bed around five o'clock and then got up happy at seven the next morning. That was weird.