Saturday, October 10, 2009

$95 later...

I have a place to keep my phone and keys (and wallet) out of Emily's reach. We're hoping to have moved out of this apartment by the time she can reach that. We also hope that she has a little more sense by the time she's that tall.
The most expensive part of all of this was replacing the apartment lock and keys. That was $75. The other money went into buying the car key duplicate and shelf and hooks. The phone part ended up being free because I am now using this beauty:
It weighs three pounds and is like two inches thick. Good thing my "new every two" date is coming up so I'll only have to use this fossil for five months. Same phone number though. Phew!

I have decided that the phrase "mischievous toddler" is totally redundant.
Thanks for the adventure, Em. This is all coming out of your college fund. :)

4 comments:

Heather said...

I have to admit I laughed reading this and the last post. Luckily we've only thrown away a doll but those toddlers are tricky.

Suzie said...

Oh my gosh! Kids are really expensive. I still remember spending $500 on fillings for Tyler's baby teeth when he was 4. I know it wasn't his fault, but still...

Kristen said...

Emily is so funny.
Love the college fund bit. :)

Anonymous said...

I bet Em develops the sense to move the dining room chair over to the wall by the key hooks LONG before she develops the sense to not snatch and hide the keys! Kids are just that way. -Nancy (from Dad's computer)