Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Day In

My neighbor has a theory that we went to Utah and caught all of the sicknesses there, and then we came back to Texas and had to catch up on the neighborhood colds that we'd missed while we were gone. It might be true. I feel like we have been sick since we got back. Because of this we have had to stay in a lot more than usual so the neighbors don't get sick too. Or rather, so that when they do get sick we don't feel responsible for it. :)
Here are a few pictures from some of our many days in. Those stripey pants are Emily's absolute favorite things to wear. I have to work hard to stock shirts that will match. We were not too concerned about the matching while we were home sick though. I love that the two kiddos play together now!
It might be more Emily playing with Caleb than the other way around...











but he loves the attention from big sister!











We pulled out the play dough,
did some cleaning to keep those germs at bay,
sorted the kids' closet,
and ate big breakfasts, during which Caleb discovered his love for waffles.
We tried using the pack 'n play for one of Emily's time-outs, but it was just too much fun to be repeated. This was Caleb's "airing out" time. He is somewhat prone to diaper rash.
And through it all, Emily and Caleb have maintained their love for one another. I love to hear Emily telling me she can't take a nap at the moment because she wants to go play with the baby.

Finally, here is a little piece of what that same neighbor I mentioned at the beginning of this post would call "third-grade boy humor." I was looking through my pictures and found one labeled "tramp with dad." I was just so curious as to what this could possibly be. The picture was kind of a let down. Still fun though.

2 comments:

Leenie said...

Sorry the kids were sick. Makes it tough for mom, too. Snot and boogers and cabin fever can really get to you. You all look superb, even while dealing with germs.

Kristen said...

I love it when I am quoted.

:)