Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We're boring!


We have been neglecting the blog because, honestly, nothing has been happening lately! Nothing exciting or life-changing. Here are a few of the latest day-to-day happenings in our household.
First of all, Joseph is an amazing cook and decided randomly to make some dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls the other day. They were delicious and I'm pretty sure every time I ate a cinnamon roll I gained five pounds. But it was worth it. They were that good.


Joseph continued his domestic conquests by building a fort for Emily. Here they are playing together in it.
Here Emily is trying to escape while Dad tries to continue the game. She was having fun, really.
Today we went to the fountain park again. What was a ten minute ride the first time ended up being a two-hour search this time. We had a lot of trouble navigating the streets of down-town Austin. We had to turn off our street more than once because the street went from being two-way to one-way and we were forced to turn onto another street. Another problem was that our street that should have taken us south exited on the north side of the road and looped around. So we were looking for it on the wrong side of the street and missed it three times. One thing we learned from this experience (aside from how to get to the fountain park) was that those swimming diapers are not good substitutes for diapers. It is much better to change the baby right before the baby gets in the pool. We finally made it to the park and spent a little while playing in the fountains and on the grass. Until they turned the water off and the ants started biting.
Here Emily is getting ready to spend some time in the sun. This is her special occasion hairdo. And her serious face.

Here is the sign we parked near warning us that our car may be washed away if we're not careful. The flooding can be very very dangerous here. :)
Finally, we have another video of our rising star performing one of her signature dances. This one tires her out so she is forced to stop for a drink.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Your blog makeover looks nice. I like the stripes. So not boring.

Those cinnamon rolls look incredible. Joseph, the baking engineer, has done it again.

I'm lovin' Emily's fancy 'do.

Unknown said...

Emily is so cute! I feel for you getting lost, I miss Utah's grid system. How is the weather done in Texas, it is hot up here!

Allette said...

Emily is so precious! It's so great that you get to capture these moments!