Saturday, May 24, 2008

Deep Eddy

Today Joseph, Emily, and I went swimming at Deep Eddy Pool. Our neighbors had told us about this pool that is just down the street from us, so we decided to try it out when the day got too darn hot for us to hang around the apartment any more. It's a cool pool because it is fed from a natural spring. But that makes it cool in both concept and temperature. Our neighbors warned us that the pool was cold, and they were right! It was Emily's first time swimming and it was kind of a shock to her, I think. I guess we chose a rather harsh pool to introduce her to swimming in, since the water was so cold. She seemed to enjoy it though. Emily may be upset about these pictures in 10 or 15 years' time though. That swimming suit does nothing for her figure. Actually, it was really a great little suit with inflatable floaty inserts to keep her head above the water.
Here she is doing her spider crawl to protect her knees from the ground. And maybe because she couldn't reach the ground to crawl properly with her knees bent with the flotation device in place.

Do you like how she's darker than either of her parents?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

How fun! I think Emily could get used to that with her family. We miss you!

necia said...

I love Emily in those sun glasses!

rebecca said...

she's a bubble baby! a very cute bubble baby.