Thursday, January 31, 2008

Goodbye to a Prophet

One of my heroes passed away this last weekend. President Gordon B. Hinckley has been the prophet of the Church since I was ten years old. I know he will always hold a special place in my heart, as I received much guidance and inspiration from his messages as I went through my teen years and made many important life decisions. Upon hearing the news from my husband, I couldn't help but feel more grateful and happy for our prophet than anything else. Yes, I will miss his sense of humor and optimism, but I am glad that he has been reunited with his wife after their four year separation. And he did seem very tired towards the end of his life, didn't he. After accomplishing so much throughout his time as president of the Church, I would think that he had good reason to be tired and very much deserves to finally rest.

Here is a link to my favorite tribute to President Hinckley that I have seen so far. It is addressed to BYU students, but I think everyone can get something out of it.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow, that was excellent. I hadn't see that yet. I loved the very last photo and got weepy all over again. Thanks for posting this, Amanda.