Friday, February 13, 2015

Crafty Kids

Caleb is a funny kid. Yesterday he got bored and left notes all over the house for Joseph and me. The first one I found was on the washing machine:
"News" "by Caleb Bigos" (a nom de plume?)
"Tornado in California! It's coming! ... and in Texas." I like how Texas is sort of an afterthought. And how all the people in the tornado are grinning like fools while the ones left behind are so sad.

This was his most elaborate (and morbid) by far. The rest were simple and uplifting.
As I was going to grab a measuring cup: "Mom and Dad are nice, so I'll give them something."
In the refrigerator: "Mom and Dad are nice." Note that our fridge is mostly full of milk here. I think we had six and a half gallons in there at this point. Costco is our friend. :)
In Joseph's sock drawer: "You do so much Mom and Dad."
Next to the sink: "Mean sad mean." I'm not so sure about this one.
This is its companion though: "Nice happy nice." It was on my pillow.
On Joseph's nightstand: "Mom and Dad thank you."
It was so cute how he kept so busy writing and hiding these notes and then was SO excited for us to discover them. He really is a sweet kid, when his energy is directed appropriately!

 And we'll close with one of El's works of art:
This is an old one, but she never disappoints, right? It's a valuable talent.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

That's so sweet! I love Caleb's drawings in comparison to Elinor's. Paige doesn't draw people very often, which is odd to me. She usually draws sections and then colors those in.