Elinor is growing and the girl loves her skirts. Luckily, I have a skirt pattern that we've loved and a big stack of fabric for her to peruse and choose from.
A couple of hours of work later...
Okay, so only the pink one on the right is new. BUT, I made the other two while we lived in Colorado and she has worn them like crazy! They're so easy to pull on with a t-shirt and a pair of tights that she reaches for them whenever they're clean. (Joseph and I call the yellow and turquoise one her cabbage skirt.) Here's another picture of the grey one that I've had in my "toblognow" file for literally over a year:
This one is made from a super soft jersey knit that I bought as a remnant from The Common Thread in Austin and saved for the right project. I sort of love it.
And this, reposted from May of 2014, is Emily sporting her skirt from this same pattern. She actually told me today (with no prompting) that this is currently her favorite skirt to wear.
I don't want to bore you with the details, but this pattern - a Favorite Little Things pattern called "Little Hip Skirts" - has been fabulous and is so versatile. There are four different skirts (I've only tried two - the pleated skirt and the circle skirt) and the size range is huge. It has from size 1 all the way up to size 13/14 so I plan to keep and use this for a few years yet.
I told Joseph tonight that I've had the pattern for a while and already made it three times, and the fabric has been in my stash forever, so it's like Elinor is getting a free skirt!! He didn't quite buy it, but I kind of love being able to whip something like this up when the kids need it.



1 comment:
I love versatile patterns! And I'm excited to see you venturing into knits. They're fun and comfy!
Post a Comment