![]() |
| It sorta looks like the frog is vomiting hot pink petals, but I still like it. |
While we were playing outside we washed the car. It was tricky because it kept drying so quickly in our bright California sun. Don't worry, you Utahns and Iowans. I'm sure there are ways to enjoy -10 degree weather too! :) There was some shrieking and running and soaking with the hose involved. After we all changed our clothes we headed out to Home Depot where I thought Emily's head would explode from excitement. She's been reading this book about gardening pretty much nonstop for the last couple of days so she had definite ideas about what we needed to buy to get ready for our garden. We ended up with a few little trowels, a couple of shovels, some bricks to complete our border, some topsoil, and some sandpaper for an unrelated project. As soon as we got home she and Elinor headed out back to start prepping the soil. It didn't matter to them that it was 5:30 pm and getting dark.
Here's hoping this gardening thing works out. I'd better do some research of my own!



1 comment:
love your family. i got a lot of sweet notes from my kids for my birthday the other day but they were not nearly so exciting :) (or lengthy). what is the little saying on the right side of the windowsill?
Post a Comment