We've been really busy lately, but we've been makin' out alright.
We've been workin' out.
We've been rockin' out.
We've been lookin' out for each other.
Elinor and Emily take special care of mama.
As for myself, I've been working hard to finish my research and get a job. But I pass this door every day. So far, I've resisted temptation.
I had the opportunity to go to Rennes, France and present some of my research. It was relatively well-received. The conference organizers insisted on exposing us to a little bit of culture. They took us to Mont Saint-Michel to see the amazing monastery built on a big rock surrounded by the tides.
It was marvelous. I wish I could see how it looked with a full complement of monks, pilgrims, and visiting nobles.
According to the stories, the Archangel had to get in the bishop of Avranches' face to convince him to build the thing. But once they got it rolling, they made it pretty cool.
I was particularly glad to meet up with these two guys. Two professors whose research I admire. Dr. Zordan, on the left, gave me some great pointers on my research. Dr. Shapiro, right, was friendly and outgoing as well as incredibly bright. He gave me a lot of encouragement.
I thought it would be cold. I packed too much winter weight gear. But I got around the public transport just fine and now know the French phrase for "next stop" very well. It was a good trip.











2 comments:
That is so cool Joseph. And your will power astounds me.
I miss Europe. It looks/sounds like it was a good trip.
Post a Comment