Monday, December 17, 2012

Look for the Helpers

I have been trying to center myself this Christmas season. Between chasing kids, trying to fulfill church callings, and staying sane with personal projects, I have had a hard time finding time for peaceful contemplation this month. Hearing about the shooting on Friday really shook me up. To learn that it had taken place at an elementary school, with such young victims, horrified me. It made me feel physically sick to read those headlines.
I loved this quote that I read on DesignMom this morning.

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.”  —Fred Rogers

What a perfect sentiment for this and any difficult time.

1 comment:

Kristen D. Jorgensen said...

Love it, and will probably post it on my blog.