Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas dinner

The Saturday before Christmas was Cousin Holly's birthday. The San Antonio Coopers were kind enough to drive up to Austin so that we could celebrate with them. We met at Wazoo's and let the kids play for a while there. I tried so hard to get some pictures, but none of them worked out.
Here's what I got:
 And also a picture of another kid because I thought it was Emily coming down the slide next. I won't post that one though.

And here are Joseph and Elinor:

Emily got this one of Caleb but she had an advantage because grown ups weren't allowed on the inflatables.

Then Caleb got the camera for a little while. Here are some of his awesome, very flattering shots:
 I love the kid angle.

Anyway, after Wazoo's was McDonald's and birthday cake and presents, which was fun; then Trail of Lights which was not fun so we will not talk about that anymore.

On Thursday the 27th we went to the SA Cooper's house for Christmas dinner and presents and stuff. It's always a treat to go visit them because Sue puts together amazing meals, even with a severed thumb tendon. And also because we like to hang out with them.
Here are some of the kids at the kid table. Emily was upset about being put with the little kids and having to use plastic dishes.
Here are Mary and Joseph looking for an inn to stay in. I said no.
 And here they are all gathered around the sleeping baby Jesus/Jacob.

This little Elinor is cah-razy! This was all I could get from her when I asked her to smile.
 Oh, Christmas. I love it. I love that we are establishing some solid family traditions. I love that it gives the kids a chance to think about others. I love the excitement of Christmas morning and the fun throughout the rest of the day. I love the chance it gives us to think about the Savior and His birth and example. We are so blessed.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love Cooper pictures! Happy Holidays!