Friday, February 3, 2012

Accident prone

So, I know I have discussed this previously here, but I just want to re-emphasize how exciting it is to have a little boy of Caleb's uh, caliber living in our home.
So, he did fall and scrape a circle of skin off his forehead about a week ago, as shown in this lovely picture:

And another random picture that I'll throw in just because I like it:

Anyway, a couple of days later after the forehead incident, Caleb tripped over a lego truck and hit the side of his bed. I walked into the room to find him crying with blood pouring out of his mouth. He seemed unaware of that though, and was mostly worried about his cheek. That mark showed up later.

And finally, just a couple of days ago, he stepped on a fire ant pile with bare feet. He now has at least fifteen bites on his feet that wake him every hour or so throughout the night because they itch so badly.

I guess it's hard to see, but his feet and toes are pretty swollen. Kind of a gross picture anyway.

So, that has been Caleb's traumatic week -- at least, those were the accidents that left marks. He has had many others, mostly involving head bonking. Sometimes I worry about his mental development being affected by all this. Even for a little boy, he seems especially accident-prone, but he keeps life exciting for all of us.

3 comments:

rebecca said...

Yikes! Are his teeth okay from the bed incident? Did he need stitches?

Jeff said...

Just the other day I was telling Rebecca that I wouldn't mind if our next kid was a boy...now I fear it's a recipe for destruction. Between little boy's natural...let's call it vibrancy, and my genetic predilection for hyperactivity I think a male Tucker kid could be the biological equivalent of a WMD.

That poor kid of yours though. I like that he's smiling in all of those pictures.

katharine said...

please stop beating that beautiful child!