Joseph made a special birthday breakfast of crepes with Nutella, whipped cream, and fruit for us while I was sleeping. That was pretty delicious. Then the older kids helped him make cupcakes from scratch because I forgot to buy a cake mix. We made a mini cake with the leftover batter for our mini little girl.
She didn't really know what to think of the candle.
![]() |
| "Is this for me?" |
I blew it out really quick when she tried to grab the flame.
Then she was pretty confused by the swirls of smoke.
I do like the expression on her face in that one.
Emily was more excited than any one else for presents. What to get for a third child who is turning one? She already has more toys than she knows what to do with, and I know I bought more clothes for Emily than I needed to. We settled on a box of Kleenex (thanks to Reianna for that idea), her first toothbrush and toothpaste, and a piggy bank.
![]() |
| Yeah, babies don't really know what to do with presents. |
![]() |
| Good thing Emily was there to offer lots of advice. And to help with the opening where necessary. |
It was a good birthday. We love our little El-Bel and are excited to watch her grow.
And we hope she grows out of pulling this face... all the time.
Even if she doesn't, we'll keep her.
Happy birthday, Elinor!












4 comments:
Ha ha! I love the Kleenex idea. :) I also love that face. Lucas made that face for a long time BUT he doesn't do that anymore. Give the birthday girl a hug and a kiss from me :)
Happy Birthday, Elinor! The Kleenex and piggy bank ideas look wonderful. I am also quite impressed by the pretty birthday cake and by Elinor's ability to furrow her brow and pout her lips. I miss your family.
I love her last expression. Sounds like she had a wonderful birthday though
Happy birthday Elinor! That last pic is great!
Post a Comment