Monday, September 26, 2011

Child Labor

First of all, look how huge my baby has become! She's almost as big as Caleb! When did that ever happen? It must have been that time when she turned one.
I love the foot up in the air.
Emily thought it was pretty hilarious too:
She tried the pose for herself.

Today was a good day. I went out for a run, got the car registered, stayed out on the playground until lunch time, didn't turn the air conditioning on until noon, and then put the little kids down for a two-and-a-half hour nap.
Everyone was in good spirits when Emily came home. I let them free play for a while; then, after being inspired by my friend Reianna's blog, decided to let them "mop" the floor. I put out a bucket of warm soapy water and gave them each a different colored rag. Elinor only wanted to suck on her wet rag but Emily and Caleb definitely got into it.
I'll give Elinor some credit. She did a little work.
I don't know how many times I heard the exclamation, "Oh! I need more water!"
I could have dumped the water on the floor and gotten the same results.

 The pictures are super dark because they show all the water the best. We pretty much had a kitchen-sized slip 'n slide going on.


I had them go over it with dry towels afterward and we actually ended up with a very clean floor! Thanks, Reianna! I will be watching your blog for more fun ideas!

PS. Emily's newest favorite baby name: Sabella Nizza (rhymes with pizza) Cooper. This is for a girl.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Nice. Nice clean wet floor. I guess you have to do it that way now because we broke your mop? We should all have Reianna inspired pictures of children cleaning the floor. I will work on some for here in Cairo. Eli has gotten big.

Amanda said...

Our mop is broken, but it was already sort of broken before we loaned it to you so don't worry about it. Plus this new way of mopping is much more fun!