Joseph doesn't like gingerbread. Nope, not even your family's secret recipe that has been passed down for generations. Not your grandma's famous recipe that even people who don't like gingerbread like. I have never found a gingerbread that he has liked. He does, on the other hand, love sugar cookies. Who doesn't, really? So his solution to the gingerbread dilemma is to make sugar cookie houses at Christmas. And they really are yummy. Because sugar cookies are more crumbly than gingerbread, we always keep it very simple. The kids had lots of fun decorating.

A few Caleb tantrums later...


... we have the finished product! Complete with fishpond and a skeleton Santa (leftover Halloween candy).


I thought Joseph and the kids did a fantastic job! I didn't help. I was somewhere else at the time, probably wasting time on the internet or maybe napping.
And, here they are, having a great time devouring all their hard work, something that wouldn't have happened if we had used gingerbread.
1 comment:
This was so yummy. :D
Post a Comment