Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Miscellany

I really like to bake bread. I suppose it's not really the baking that I love, but the fresh bread that comes after. I made bread yesterday, in fact. And that reminded me of this picture that I took with my phone a while back. I guess I divided the dough unevenly, huh. Emily loved having "mushroom bread" and mourns its unavailability whenever I make a batch of normal bread.

Sour cream mouth! And proud of it! Emily's ideal dinner would be little bowls full of sour cream, ranch, cottage cheese, miracle whip, and yeah, probably ice cream.

Emily and Caleb's balloons. I really hate having these things floating around the apartment because they are toddler height exactly and always startle me when Emily and Caleb are napping.

And here's something new and exciting -- Caleb is sleeping on the bottom bunk now! He has loved pretending to sleep on it for a long time, but he is finally actually spending the entire night there. It has been two nights and he's only fallen out three times. It's a really sad bruise on his cheek from that. :(
Soon I will be able to reset the crib to girl mode again!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Your bread looks so good. I would love to have a detailed recipe on your blog with any tips you have to make it so big and fluffy looking.

Emma said...

I second that bread recipe comment! Oh and I could totally do ice-cream for dinner too. Yum.

Nathan said...

Sour Cream and Ice Cream, these are some of Stephanie's favorite things too! I think Emily and Stephanie would get along fine when planning dinner. :)

katharine said...

that looks so yummy!

and if you want, we have a small beanbag chair you can put next to his bed to cushion the falls (worked for us).

Nancy said...

I think I sleep-walked off the top bunk once or twice. I can't remember doing myself any bodily damage from that, but I did think it was weird that I fell asleep in my bed and woke up on the floor at the foot of the bed. Sorry if he gets this unfortunate habit from us!

Leenie said...

Fun post! Your sweet kiddos and their antics make me smile.