Sunday, August 1, 2010

What joy

Our sweet little girl doesn't have much lung capacity. Three candles took some time to blow out, even with the air-conditioner helping. She didn't care though. I think her wishes had already been fulfilled since she opened presents before cake. She had a happy day. When it came time to open presents, she did her happy dance. I haven't been fast enough with the camera yet to record that particular gem. Hopefully I'll get it soon.


At a minute and a half, this video probably clocks in beyond the typical blog attention span. Grandma, on the other hand, will enjoy it. I just love how much enthusiasm and joy she has. The boxes make her squeal with delight. The actual gifts put her over the top.

You probably don't remember the aprons my mother made for us. Mine says, "I rule the roost." Amanda's says, "I rule the rooster." This year, Emily got a matching one, "Chicks rule." She wears it every day. She also got a little one for her doll. They head into the corner and shuffle pots and pans together for several minutes before emerging with plastic food for everyone. Emily's careful to always remind us that we can't really eat the food, though: "On'y 'tending, okay?"

This one looks kind of like a wedding day photo. The cake is mostly my handiwork. I have no idea how to actually use the frosting tips we have.

Caleb enjoyed the festivities, but he had a hard time dealing with all of the attention he wasn't getting. He really wanted to open some presents of his own.

Once the cake came out, though. Things were alright.


3 comments:

Suzie said...

That looks like fun. I wish we could have been there. Maybe we can stop by with a present later.

Kristen said...

The Cake looks delicious! Happy Birthday Baby Emily!

Editt said...

You did an awesome job on that cake! I wouldn't have guessed you didn't know how to use those frosting tips. Happy Birthday Emily! Eli just said he wanted to marry you too.