Monday, July 26, 2010

Taking the Plunge

Well, I've been in the country since I was eight, so about 16 years now. Today I took a big step and mailed in my application for citizenship! I figured since I have a husband and two (almost three) kids who are all citizens of this country I should probably jump on the wagon. My Permanent Resident card doesn't expire for another three years, but Joseph and I thought it would be much less stressful to just get this taken care of. Especially since I expect it to take a while before everything is taken care of. So, I'll let you know in a year or so when I can actually call myself a citizen!

Here are some pictures of what we have been up to lately:
Lounging luxuriously...

Reading on the couch...
... and that's about it. We're not planning to go on any big vacations this summer, but we definitely need to plan something. We'll work on that.

Caleb working at his favorite activity - cleaning. We love this boy!

2 comments:

Adriane said...

I didn't even know you weren't a citizen! Gosh, what kind of a friend am I?

Editt said...

Congrats! It was a fun day when my mom became a citizen. We had a flag cake and everything.
We're going to plan a "ward" Schlitterbaun (spelling?) trip someday :D