Saturday, July 10, 2010

Indoor Activities

Lately we have been busy, but nothing eventful has been happening. While the temperature hasn't been too bad this summer, thanks to a couple of tropical storms/hurricanes out by the coast, the humidity has been pretty horrible. We have been stretching our imaginations to come up with fun things to do inside, especially because a lot of days are drizzly too so the water parks would not be so fun. On one occasion we were doing laundry and the day was perfect and sunny as we walked to the laundromat, but pouring rain when we came out with all our clean clothes five minutes later. I put the clothes back inside and let the kids play outside in the water with some of the other kids in the neighborhood. They were drenched by the end of it, but I figured it was just like going to the water park but with less driving and less hassle. And more mud.

Here is Emily with one of her favorite things, the always awesome play dough. We pull this out probably once a week and it always brings much excitement and joy.
Our playdough man.

Emily's flying Barbie. Emily has been frustrated lately because she flaps and flaps her arms but she can't figure out how to fly.

After having multiple suggestions shot down, I asked Emily what she wanted for lunch one day. She wanted salad. I told her we didn't have tomatoes or mushrooms, but she was cool with eating romaine lettuce and spinach dipped in ranch with a few baby carrots. I wish my cravings were as low-cal!

Last night we had vegetable beef soup with biscuits. Emily decided this half biscuit was her tiny little baby and held it in one hand while eating with the other hand all through the rest of the meal. I asked her to put it down but she said it would cry if she wasn't holding it. I guess she has a good understanding of babies!

I am so glad to have these two so close in age. They are great playmates for each other, even though poor Caleb often ends up getting beaten up and having his toys stolen. He still loves big sister though and follows her all around.

Emily and Caleb are best friends, but it's always better with Daddy around. Here they are just hanging out with their popsicles.

Here is Joseph's new toy - he discovered his dream phone a couple of weeks before our Verizon contract ran out. So we ordered it (late Father's day present) and switched to T-Mobile. Now he can use his phone to access our wireless internet and not pay the extra $20 per month for a data plan through the cell phone company. We still have the basic family talk plan but he gets bonus internet. The phone has lots of other fancy features as well, but I don't really know too much about it.

I am now thirty weeks along and really feeling it. I think I am either getting old or the weather is getting to me. I just feel huge and sluggish all the time. Two weeks ago was especially awful - I think the baby must have been growing a lot then. I am feeling a little better now but I sure hope this baby decides to break with the Cooper baby trend and not come a week late! A week early and under nine pounds would be nice. :)

1 comment:

rebecca said...

did the flying barbie come with wings, or did you guys make them for her?