The main activity was a battleship game that the primary played together using a grid on the chalk board. The kids would guess a coordinate and every hit was a different song. The ships were three or four spaces long, and once one was sunk Joseph would put it up on the board. He drew these sweet battleships.
He had a communication ship, a gun ship, an aircraft carrier, and a pirate ship.He drew those ships because he's a boy and can draw that kind of thing. You know - guns, muscles, ligers... I, on the other hand, can draw pink cuddly-looking elephants. Meet "Elephant Fitzgerald," the conducting elephant. Emily and I did the coloring together.
Caleb ran to join Emily for the picture. What a cheese ball! The elephant has a hole for a trunk because that's where the kids' conducting arms went through.Joseph loves ninjas so I drew a ninja elephant on the back for him.
Note: I am not an artist at all -I possess no creativity but I can steal the ideas of others. So these were both pictures I just found on the internet and copied bigger.Cute cheesy Caleb. Prepping for singing time. We love this boy!
Happy Sunday, everyone! Mine was the best I've had in a long time and I think it was all due to the two hour nap I took before church. Sleep makes such a difference.
4 comments:
the kids told me all about it. sounds like he was a real hit!
VERY creative- and your elephants are amazing as well! Good job you two!! PS: Naps are heaven. I agree.
I love how the guys have been invited in to conduct Primary Singing time. We've had some great men conductors. I think it may help with keeping the attenion of the boys. Love the battle-ship idea! And the arm-leading elephant too. You are BOTH very very creative and artistic. Hi to the kids.
Aunt Eileen
FYI It was awesome! I wanted to play. I had to jot down those ideas in my ipod for future reference. The elephants were awesome and I'm with you Amanda, I can copy (enlarge) but I can't create on my own. Tell Joseph his enthusiasm and leading really made a difference.
Post a Comment