Things have been going well lately. I am feeling more tired; I think it is a combined effect of the heat and the pregnancy. I am glad my poor baby won't be born into 100 degree weather but I am kind of bummed that I will be at my biggest while the weather is at its worst. I did continue to run for exercise until pretty recently but as the weather worsened and as I got bigger running became less fun. So I switched to swimming. I have only gone a couple of times, but I think I am going to like it. It is so different from running - it uses completely different muscles and requires a totally different mindset, since I have to concentrate so much on breathing and just getting the stroke right. I think it will become easier as I become more efficient and more accustomed to it, but right now it is very challenging. It doesn't help that all the other early morning swimmers seem to be seasoned athletes, swimming for an hour at a time without stopping. I will use my big belly as my excuse for not keeping up. :)
Emily started gymnastics last Tuesday and loved it. Honestly, what almost-three-year-old wouldn't? She is at the perfect age for experimenting with fun new equipment and acrobatics. I did bring the camera but the battery died after only two pictures which were taken with the flash off by mistake. Woops. Not too great, but enough to preserve the memory, right?
The man behind her is the coach and she calls him the "big boy with the purple shirt" whenever she's telling a story about gymnastics. She usually starts off by calling him the little boy but then corrects herself.I cannot believe how much Caleb has been growing lately. He is old enough now to be a fun playmate for Emily and to watch five or ten minutes of a movie with her. Their favorite right now is the Curious George movie.

And here is Emily with her good friend Eric at a birthday party a couple of weeks ago. Eric's mom had asked him to show Emily the balloon animals that a lady was making and instead he took her to the food table where they both drooled over the candy and cupcakes. What funny little sugar monsters!

Later that same day we went to a 40th anniversary celebration for our church building. It was meant for an older crowd than what we had in tow, but Emily and Caleb enjoyed the food and the displays. Here's our little necklace-wearing cowboy showing off some of his wild west skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment