Yesterday I had my 36 week doctor's appointment and ultrasound. The ultrasound estimate said that my baby probably weighs around 6 lb. 11 oz. This is troubling to me because that was what Emily's weight estimate was at her 41 week ultrasound. And this baby still has four weeks to grow! I do not want to give birth to a ten pound baby... not that I think he could gain three pounds in four weeks...
The ultrasound techs like to play around with a 3d program they have and printed me another claymation picture of the little guy. I thought it was kind of cool and not nearly as creepy as the pictures they gave me in October. I think his nose is probably already bigger than Emily's. She has a pretty miniscule nose. I remember all the kids crowding around her once in our old ward and saying "Wow! She has such a tiny nose!"One last tidbit - Emily started Nursery last Sunday! It was a week early but she did pretty well. No crying, just a few forlorn looks of abandonment. Mostly happy playing though. I have one month's reprieve of babies in Relief Society before the whole process starts all over again!
4 comments:
Hang in there Amanda!! I still have 11 weeks left, so you've got me beat! Emily is adorable! I am glad she likes nursery...our Dillon (he's 19 months old now) absolutely hates it! Hope things go well for you for the last four weeks!
Laura (Joseph's friend from HS)
You're a Bartlett, of course you're going to have a HUGE baby! Emily was just a fluke. Welcome to the big baby club!
I love the ultrasound picture. I wish I got one of those with Joshua!
it's still kind of weird to see a clamation baby face.
Hi Amanda! Remember me? I stole your old last name. How are you? I found your blog on Amy's and love reading it! I've been lurking for a while, and I thought it was time to make my presence known. We just had our second in August, and it's tough, but you'll love it. Our oldest was born the 22 of February- it's a great date. :)
Catherine (from the Vermont 1st ward)
Post a Comment