Sunday, March 2, 2008

Birthday fun

I just had another birthday. That makes 28 of them--29, if you count the original one. It was a lot of fun. I had a fun party and got some neat surprises. The university apartments we just moved into had a cowboy breakfast on the morning of my birthday. They had some good food and we got to meet a lot of our neighbors.

I opened gifts with Amanda and Emily. From my father-in-law I got a Dr. McNinja t-shirt. Very cool. My parents gave me the Chronicles of Narnia pop-up book. It's incredible. Amanda gave me some cookie cutters, Grimm's fairy tales, racquetball goggles, and a Zelda game for our old Nintendo. I love all the things I got. Another thing I loved was putting up crepe-paper Easter decorations. We bought them on clearance two years ago and forgot to get them out last year. I used to put this sort of thing out with my mother when I was little and that always made the house special. It meant that the holiday was getting close and we could be excited for it.
A few of the gifts that came for me also had an addendum for Emily. Rebecca gave Emily the neat little ball in this video. Emily loves it. Emily's gifts to me included demonstrating her earnest crawl. She knows the basic mechanics of crawling, but when she gets excited (most of the time) she digs her toes into the ground and launches herself with her whole leg. Sometimes this manages to propel her quite a ways. Other times, it pushes her nose into the floor. She's sure a sweetheart.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy birthday, Joseph. I appreciate a man who gets excited about receiving cookie cutters as a gift. You're a rare breed! I hope you had a nice birthday....you deserve it.