Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Whoosh! Cecil!

Yesterday I went to the BYU Creamery on 9th for lunch with the kids. This creamery is just down the street from where I lived from 5th through 8th grade. I wasn't there a super long time, but those were really important, formative years! I would be a very different person today had I not spent that time in Provo, Utah. I took a couple of minutes to drive through my old neighborhood and it was a very bizarre feeling to see my old house, my best friend's old house, the homes of my old Young Women leaders, and my old elementary school. I spent so many hours outside, all over that neighborhood! Good times.
The kids got their kids meals (which are such great value! Even for adults!) and for dessert I ordered the "Whoosh! Cecil" flavored ice cream. I asked for it even while I had no clue what was in it. Mostly because Cecil is awesome! Remember those "Cecil is my Homeboy" shirts?
Classic. I had a friend in college who asked him what he thought of those shirts and he said that he had to ask someone what homeboy means, but once he knew, he was cool with it.

I was thinking last night about how lucky we have been with our moves. Austin to Boulder? I can't even think of cities I would rather live in.

Today I was pushing Elinor and Jacob in baby swings while Emily and Caleb were competing to see who could go highest in the big kid swings. The weather was pretty much perfect and all the kids were happy. And I came to a realization - I was happy too! I love spending time with my kids! I tend to focus on what I'm missing out on as I take care of these very young, very dependent children, but today I was able to realize that they have brought me more joy and satisfaction than anything else I could have spent my time doing. I am so lucky to have four healthy, beautiful children that I enjoy. They all have great personalities, they're all bright, and they're all ready to play whenever the opportunity presents itself. I love that they look for fun and positivity in their little worlds.

And here is Baby Jacob rockin' a serious case of bedhead AND the pants I brought back for him from Japan.
Love the tail!

3 comments:

Joseph said...

There goes old man Jacob. Don't let the cane or the limp fool you. If he catches you on his lawn, he'll be over there lickety-split.

katharine said...

now i'm really curious, what was in the cecil ice cream???

Amanda said...

The ice cream was pretty yummy.
Chocolate with salted caramel and cashews. Jacob and I polished that off pretty quickly.