Saturday, September 28, 2013

Boulder Creek Path

So, remember how I swore to never run with a camera again? That was before I tried running on a flood-ravaged trail in a city still recovering from massive amounts of rain. So, here are a few pictures from this morning's run.

One of the beautiful things about the Boulder Creek trail is that you don't have to cross any main streets because of the underpasses. Alas, this was my first experience at an underpass:
The rest were barricaded - I don't know why this one wasn't. It sort of took me by surprise.
Some really big trees had been broken and not cleared away yet. For the amount of damage that had occurred, I was very impressed by how much had been taken care of. This underpass was closed, but the barricade was a little superfluous, since the path was literally impassable for all the debris.
Here's a picture of the creek. I'm almost positive it's not usually this full or fast.
This mud-covered picnic area made me laugh, in a sad sort of way.
Hey, kids! Let's stop for a picnic! This looks like a good place!
All of this sand everywhere made me sad. It'll take so many people so much time to clean up! The first time I passed it, the sand was all over the path as well. It made me want to bring a broom along with me on my next run.
I think it's probably supposed to look a little more like this picture, which I found on a website for the trail.
And I bet the guy who posted this sign is patting himself on the back right now!

Here's a picture of a rooster outside a grocery store. Just because I had the camera.
Here's the Boulder Public Library. And the mountains behind it. Isn't it so pretty?
And running + books = awesome! Two of my favorite things at the exact same time! Did you know that once while our car was in the shop in Austin two of my books came due so I took them with me on my morning run to return them? I ran probably a mile and half with two hardcovers tucked under one arm, trying my hardest to not sweat on them. It was the ultimate nerd run. I sort of loved it.

Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin at the library.
It really is a very pretty creek and I'm sure the trail is gorgeous as well. I'm excited to explore Boulder a little more... I just wish it didn't rain so dang much!

1 comment:

katharine said...

beautiful city! you are so lucky you get to live there. too bad so much flood damage, I hope it gets cleaned up before long