Friday, February 22, 2013

Early Readers

When I was a little kid, I remember loving the Frog and Toad books.
I recently bought one of these books (made possible by a grant from my mom!) and was surprised to learn that Joseph was unfamiliar with it.

Then I went to a parent-teacher conference on Monday and learned that Emily has been loving the Little Bear books and has just been going through them at school.
These Joseph remembered from his own childhood. So I added them to my Barnes and Noble shopping basket (this was also made possible through that same grant).

I love the old-schooly feel of both sets of books. I am excited for our children to discover the delight in reading these simple stories. It's nice that they appeal to both boys and girls with perfect humor for that age when kids are starting to read independently.

I might love books.


4 comments:

rebecca said...

I love both of those books! I'm surprised Joseph didn't recognize Frog and Toad. I thought we had those growing up.

Editt said...

What great suggestions! I need to apply for one of those "grants." (Not to your mom, of course. That would be embarrassing and a bit awkward.)

Kristen said...

Lobel is great. My favorite book growing up was his book called "On Market Place" It's a letter learning book.

Adriane said...

I've just been going through a massive stack of bookorders from Gregory's school. I want...EVERYTHING! It is so hard to decide!