Monday, May 28, 2012

Getting to know Elinor

Time for an update!
Let's talk about Elinor for a minute. This girl has character. She is opinionated, strong-willed, super loud, and even holds her own against Caleb. She definitely has the most expressive face of all of our kids.

Her smile here cracks me up.

Here's Joseph's pet ceramic bird that Elinor secretly loves, but mostly for the thrill she gets from being freaked out by it. It's funny how cautious she is when that bird is near. The first time she saw it she wouldn't go near it, even to grab a hard-earned pack of Smarties. She still won't touch it without an adult there to reassure her.



The other day we went to this super random 25 cent sale at a nearby toy store. Caleb loaded up on cheap little treasures; Elinor dragged this doll around the whole time. She wanted nothing more than this single toy for 25 cents. I really didn't want it in our home, but she really loves it. It has a flattened, melted head and a discolored body. And it's in a swimsuit. I am hoping her adoration wears off soon so I can sneakily throw it away.


So, this one time it was mother's day and Joseph ordered me a box grater from Kohl's. When I opened it they had sent the wrong thing. So he returned it and reordered it and they sent the wrong thing again. Now we hate Kohl's and I got a new present tonight for Memorial Day.
Joseph told me he chose the wrapping for how beautiful it is. It did make me smile.

We live in student housing and this year we are experiencing a major exodus of families, which makes me really excited for everyone else, but really sad for me. We had a little potluck the other day to say goodbye. Here is a picture of our kids and my tummy and everyone else's backs.


 Isn't my baby (elinor) getting huge? Good thing we have another baby on the way. Too bad this one might be born huge. Based on the way I am feeling and looking right now.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

A big exodus huh? Are you about to earn the prestigious "Mormons who have lived here the longest" ranking?

Leenie said...

I'll bet the new doll will become her forever friend and she'll insist on it accompanying her on all her adventures. You never know what a kid will choose to be the woogy of their life.

Editt said...

Wa ha ha ha! I love that she picked that doll. I'm sad I don't get to know Elinor in person but thanks for sharing.