Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fountain park

So, I'm trying to figure out why I've had such a hard time blogging lately. Is it because I'm pregnant? Because I've been blogging for four years now and I'm out of steam? Is it because kids are old news so I don't take delight in seeing them do fun things any more? Or is it just because we stopped doing fun things?

Well, guess what?! We did something fun today and I actually took a few pictures that I am excited to share! (hmm... maybe I just need to buy myself an expensive camera for some blogging motivation... yes, I am sure now that that's what I need.)

We boycotted this fountain park last year due to unreliable fountains, but decided to give it another try today. My friend Reianna told me she was taking her boys, so we decided to join them. The kids had a blast! I love that they are old enough to enjoy these things now. Two years ago Emily was a lot younger and more timid and Caleb was crawling. Now they are not afraid to show those fountains who's in charge!





Okay, so I guess I didn't get many good shots. A nice camera would be wasted on someone like me. The important thing is, though, that these guys were running around and laughing non-stop the whole time we were there.

And then there's this girl.
Here she is pre-most-daring-moment-of-the-day:

 And here she is post-most-daring-moment-of-the-day:

She's still not wet, but she did touch (or almost touch) that little jet of water behind her with one of her hands. Wahoo! Go Elinor!


The only downside to the whole thing was that we got home at the same time as Joseph so we had no dinner ready for him.  Aw, who am I kidding? That happens every other day anyway.
All in all, a satisfying experience. Bring on summer!

but not really because I'm happy with these cooler temps and rainy days.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow it looks like you had the park all to yourself. Maybe others are still in boycott mode.

Editt said...

I miss that park...and I miss going to splash parks with friends. sigh. :) I'll support your "pregnancy" excuse. Thats what I'm using. Oh and my dad gave me his nice (older) camera and that got me blogging more...but now it has a problem and I've stopped blogging. Maybe a nice new camera will help you (if it doesn't break soon after).

Rachel Rowell said...

I love the cute photos on the left of the page! Looks like a fun day in the sun. Maybe a new camera will help me get out of my blogging funk to;)