Monday, November 21, 2011

Turkey Hunt

Back when we were living close to my parents, Amanda and I were primary teachers.  One week, the primary chorister had the kids do turkey hunting to decide what song we would sing (the song is written on the feet).  I got a copy of the design from her, thinking that I would use it to make decorations one day.  I certainly didn't expect that I would be using it one day as the primary chorister.  But that's what happened.  I think it went well, but there are definitely things that I would (will?) do differently.  I've really enjoyed being the chorister, but it's a lot more work than choir director.  The ward choir never needed to hunt turkeys in order to pay attention, although I did bring them more snacks than I do primary.

We decided to re-use the turkeys for family night.  Emily was sad on Sunday because she tried really hard to sing well but wasn't chosen.  She was being really good, but I kinda have to show some anti-favoritism so that the other kids don't think I'm being unfair.  Anyway, tonight she got her chance. 

We went from youngest to oldest and sang all of the songs under the turkeys.  It took me several tries, I'm afraid.  We had a lot of fun.
 The turkey carnage was a sight to behold.

Then Amanda turned into a zombie and Caleb had to hunt her down before she touched his shoulder (he has a strange fascination with Michael Jackson's "Thriller" music video).  We had to shut the game down before things really got out of hand.

2 comments:

J.L.C.M. said...

Emily's laugh is so cute when she hits the two balloons! What a fun FHE!

Kristen said...

Caleb is so big! I think this is a great idea, I bet the primary loved it.