Monday, November 7, 2011

Chairs.

Once, about 6 years ago, Joseph and I were out running together. This was before kids, so we were both able to exercise at the same time. As we passed a neighbor's house, they called out to us:
"Hey! You two want table?"
They were Russian and really cool. And they had a table sitting out on their front lawn. As newly weds, our household furniture was a conglomerate of cast-off parents' stuff, Saver's finds, and leftover pieces from our single student days. Neighborhood donations were very welcome and would fit right in.
Joseph and the neighbor carried the table home while his wife and I each carried a chair.
Two chairs, two people - perfect!

6 years later, not so much. Here is a picture of the motley assortment of chairs we have been using.
The two we got with the table, plus a couple of card table chairs plus a chair Joseph saved from the dumpster (Emily's sitting in that one).

On Friday we went to the Settlement Home Garage sale and picked up these puppies for $15 apiece!
Bad lighting, bad photography skills, bad camera... yes I know. But I have been surprised at the difference it makes in how our dining room/kitchen feels.
They are good sturdy chairs (Ethan Allen) and I am excited to get started on my first re-upholstering project. It might be a while though - I do have to collect a few supplies and tools first.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Nice find. Be sure to post the finished product. What did you do with your old chairs?

J.L.C.M. said...

I have a staple gun you can borrow that is the kind you use for a project like reupholstering.
The chairs look great! (The tags are a nice touch!)