Sunday, August 21, 2011

Four years old!!

Our stay in Utah was extra long because we celebrated Emily's fourth birthday while we were there. I was terrible about taking pictures but our friends were kind enough to send us some.
Things worked out so that a family of good friends that had recently moved from Austin to Utah was able to join us for Emily's birthday party.
We had fun playing in the freezing wading pools (Orem hose water is so, so much colder than Austin hose water), decorating cupcakes, and touring Joseph's family's orchard.


 Elinor ate a whole cupcake before anyone else had finished decorating theirs. She's definitely a good eater.

Emily was excited to receive a pair of rollerskates from Grandma Cooper.
She has been wearing them pretty much non-stop since then and is getting pretty good!
(She'll be waiting for you in a year, Cory!)

Emily was so excited to turn four - I think it was the first birthday she actually anticipated and understood. We felt lucky to be able to celebrate it with family and friends. Lately I feel like Emily is so grown up. She is helpful, asks many (many, many) questions, and works so hard to do what she understands to be right. 
I can't believe she looked like this when we first began blogging! I need time to slow down a little bit.
 

No comments: