Friday, May 20, 2011

Not an athlete

So, the 17th of this month marked eight months of having little Elinor in our home. She is such a sweet little thing. - probably the lowest maintenance of the three. Definitely easier than Caleb was! I am able to sit her on the floor in the living room while I'm making dinner or doing something else and she is usually happy to play on her own for at least a half hour.
Part of the reason she is so easy is that she is old enough to play but can't crawl yet. Here is a catalog of her skills:

Lying on her back.

Lying on her tummy.

 Wearing spaghetti on her head and thinking she's hilarious.

She can sit on her own and is also pro at sucking on a pacifier and eating three jars of food a day.

And that about sums it up, folks. She has rolled over probably six times in her life.  Those thighs are pretty sweet, no? She may want to start working some of that off soon. :)


 Emily and Caleb were both crawling before seven months. I am convinced that Elinor has been holding off on the physical milestones in favor of intellectual ones. I am just waiting for her to start speaking in full sentences and composing symphonies. Come on, baby! We believe in you!

2 comments:

Jared said...

What a great baby!

Nancy said...

Haha! Spaghetti in the hair. That one's my favorite today.