Saturday, February 5, 2011

An icy grip on the heart of Texas

Yesterday we woke up to this:
which may not seem like a big deal if you are from, say, Utah, but it's huge here in Austin. (Do you fellow Brackenridge kids like how it's a perfect picture of Kristen's back door? That is the view from our front door.) UT campus was closed and we were warned repeatedly on the internet and radio to not drive anywhere unless absolutely necessary. It was like a half inch of snow or so. But we Austinites are not used to this kind of extreme weather. It was really fun to have a snow day! I wasn't excited to go out into it because it was so cold and I'd had enough from our Utah experience, but the kids loved it.

It didn't last so long, as you can see in this picture.


Here is the picture of the lovely weather today. I was able to go running in shorts and a t-shirt.


This picture was also taken today. We seem to live in a colder part of town than Kristen though, where it's always winter but never Christmas.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love how exciting it is when it snows in Austin and enjoy seeing the snow day photos.